Entrepreneurs are the most passionate beings who love to think, experiment, create and solve as many problems as they can. Is it a tiring process? Certainly yes! Or should we say, the most tiring one? Working hard every day is in the DNA of every entrepreneur.
An entrepreneur works all week long, day and night. That’s why every entrepreneur needs a break on weekend to ensure they are up to the task of being creative problem solvers and innovators for the rest days.
Let’s quickly take a look at 5 activities that every entrepreneur must do to unwind and re-energize for yet another challenging week.
1. GIVE SOME TIME TO YOURSELF
As shocking as it may sound but “All man’s miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone,” said Blaise Pascal. Therefore, it’s important to spend some time in solitude and give yourself a chance to think, plan your future, and sort out some problems which are yet to be solved.
Why Spend Time in Solitude:
- It empowers you to get comfortable with who you are
- It gives you inner peace which eventually boosts your creativity
- You find your own voice and learn more about yourself
- Spending some time alone helps you build mental strength
2. SPEND SOME TIME WITH LOVED ONES
The weekend is the perfect day to chill out with people who always complain about how busy you are. We are talking about your friends and family here.
How To Maximize Time with Loved Ones:
- Try to eat at least one meal together
- Take after-dinner talks with them
- Visit a nearby park or go shopping
- Accompany them at the place of worship
3. STAY AWAY FROM YOUR PHONE
It’s for your mental peace. You should take a break from your mobile phone for at least a day. We, human beings are tired of constantly checking out our cell phones, social media, emails, and whatnot.
How To Stay Away From Phone
- Don’t charge your phone near your bed
- Turn off as many push notifications as you can
- Take distracting applications off your home screen
- Keep yourself on a schedule
4. GO OUTSIDE & EXERCISE
It’s hard to come up with excuses not to workout on the weekend because you don’t have to rush to the office. Now that you don’t have the option to say that you can’t workout due to a busy schedule, do proper workout on the weekend.
Why To Workout On Weekends
- It reenergizes your body for the entire upcoming week
- You can involve other family members to do workout activities along with you
- You can involve yourself in activities like swimming, jogging, running, walking, and dancing.
- Exercise is good for muscles and bones
- A good workout results in improved sleep quality
5. PLAN YOUR WEEK AHEAD
A successful entrepreneur doesn’t wait for Monday to plan their week. Sunday is the perfect day to sit peacefully and plan out things. You can schedule all your important meetings, phone calls, conferences, and other important tasks. Planning the entire week on a Sunday diminishes the chances of missed opportunities and costly errors.
Things to Consider While Making A Productive Week Plan
- Make an achievable plan; do not set unrealistic goals
- Choose a planning system that works best for you i.e. Google Calendar, Evernote, or writing on a piece of paper
- Make a plan you can stay committed to; always follow your plan
- Create space for taking breaks during working hours
The above-mentioned 5 activities are a must for every entrepreneur to stay optimistic, calm, and energetic throughout their struggling journey. These activities are so simple that you may feel like skipping them considering them non-essential but you really can’t afford to do that. Stay committed to your weekend routine and to your goals.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Name 3 major functions that every entrepreneur performs?
- Identifying business opportunities
- Initiating and leading business activities
- Allocating responsibilities and duties to every employees
- What activities do successful entrepreneurs generally do?
- Work out in the early morning
- Make purpose-driven action lists
- Get up and go to bed early
- Make a to-do list
- Spend quality time with loved ones
- What are the 3 habits of a successful entrepreneur?
- Pursue their own goals
- Reading books & research papers
- Spend time with people who inspire