How To Build An Effective Social Media Strategy For Your Business?
Are you looking to explore how Social Media can help your business scale heights? But wait, are you still sceptical about the benefits of social media marketing? If yes, you must take a look at the stats from Digital 2023: Global Overview Report:
- There are 4.76 billion social media users around the globe, equating to just under 60% of the total world population. An addition of 137 million new users has been reported this year.
- Working-age internet user spends more than 2½ hours per day using social platforms.
These statistics are enough to make you understand that Social Media is no longer an option but a necessity to engage, influence and attract more customers.
What is a Social Media Strategy?
A social media strategy is a plan that summarises your social media goals, tactics you use, and statistics you track. To put it simply, there are four major components of a social media strategy:
- Where do you stand?
Firstly, you analyse where your brand stands currently in terms of social media engagement so that you can devise the strategy accordingly.
- What are your goals?
A strategy without goals won’t take you anywhere and will only disappoint you in the end. Make a list of specific goals you wish to achieve.
- It’s Time To Execute
Without execution, strategy is useless. You should now plan & focus on how to achieve your goals. Set specific timeframes and keep track of who is in charge of each task.
- What are the results?
It’s time to analyse whether your actions have produced the desired results. Analyse each and everything and plan other strategies based on the results.
Benefits of Social Media Strategy
Businesses often find themselves surrounded by competition. Hence, they try to stand out from the crowd. One of the effective ways that help here is social media marketing.
Your business can reap many benefits if you get the right social media strategy:
- Improved brand awareness
- Better quality lead generation
- Boost in website traffic
- Promote products or services
- Helps in scheduling and maintaining consistency
- Creation of bigger and better campaigns
How To Build A Successful Social Media Strategy
- The first step to building a strategy is to assess the current performance of your platforms. Make a social media audit in which you need to identify your marketing strategy & goals, compile the data of all your social media accounts, analyse it and finally identify top performers. You need to draw clear conclusions from the data collected to update your strategy.
- You also need to understand your customer base to speak to them directly through your content. Once you define your target audience, it becomes easier for you to strategise the content. Marketers should collect their data when they join the email list through subscriptions or through online surveys.
- Competitive analysis is one of the most vital steps. When you research your competitors, you get to know about the content they produce, the frequency of posts, and how they engage with customers.
- There are a lot of social media platforms so to choose the right one may seem like a difficult task. Spend some time analysing which are the right platforms for you rather than using all of them for the sake of it.
- Now that you have picked the right platforms, it’s time to plan the content. If you find it difficult to plan the right content for your audience, research is the key. This will not only help you do it in a better & informed way but also lead to the speedy growth of your brand.
- Create content that the customers will love. You can create infographics as people love to gain knowledge and share them too if they find them useful. Try creating video content as it seems more appealing and attractive to customers. Many reputed firms in the advertising industry can create captivating designs for your audience.
- Another significant step is to manage and engage your community. Always respond to your customer’s queries, questions and feedback. If they complain about anything, take it positively and find out how you can improve yourself and make their experience positive.
- Finally, you need to dedicatedly work on growing your audience through organic or paid advertising. You can run a competition, plan a giveaway, or show behind-the-scenes footage to attract users and drive social media engagement. If you opt for paid advertising, you can set a daily, weekly and monthly target. You can also hire a PR & advertising agency to handle your social media marketing strategy.
The Bottom Line
Gone are the days when the role of social media was restricted to socialising with friends. It is now helping businesses to increase their social media engagement, grow sales and increase revenue.
We hope this overview has given you a gist of all the benefits you can expect from social media marketing. As a trusted PR and advertising company, BudBiz- PR for Budding Businesses can take care of all your social media marketing needs.